after sitting with yesterday's version of this painting, the 7th in my series: best left unsaid, i found the space around the figure on the right to be confusing. as a result, it detracted from the whole. i did some more work on it this morning, and i think it's improved. when i do the glance test, (see earlier posts) it passes, whereas before my eye got stuck on the white space abutting the right figure and couldn't travel freely over the rest of the composition.
another example of how documenting the process actually supports me in more acutely evaluating what i'm working on, and taking it beyond the point i otherwise might have stopped short of completion,